Choosing an Internet service provider (ISP) for your business isn’t a responsibility that should be taken lightly. There are lots of things to consider — value, reliability, capacity, speed and features — just to name a few. Before you make the final decision, thoroughly research all your options and take a look at these top three mistakes people make when comparing Internet service providers:
1. Not Knowing the Difference Between Types of Internet Connections
For many, all the “techie” talk involved with choosing an Internet service provider for your business can be a bit overwhelming. Here’s the scoop on what’s available when it comes to Internet connections:
- DSL — These digital subscriber lines (DSL) operate over regular telephone lines. Unfortunately, the quality and speed of your connection will most likely be affected by your distance from your provider’s office.
- Cable Broadband — Cable broadband is offered through your cable television provider and usually provides faster Internet speeds than DSL because performance isn’t based upon distance. However, in most cases, bandwidth is shared with others in your area, so the more people using the cable service, the slower the Internet for everyone. Cable also maxes out at 50 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload. Although cable works for some, there is a cleaner solution available — fiber. You can take the same speeds over cable vs. fiber and there is a night and day difference.
- Fiber Optic Service — Fiber Internet offers the latest and greatest in connectivity options, operating over an optical network using light. This fiber optic service guarantees the fastest Internet speeds, lower latency and more bang for your buck.
Educating yourself on the available Internet service options is crucial before deciding on an Internet service provider. You’ll want to make sure your users are operating at the fastest speeds available in order to meet your business’ connectivity needs. Whether you’re sending large files, streaming videos or downloading different types of media, you’ll enjoy a superior Internet experience when you choose Raleigh fiber Internet from celito.
2. Not Considering the Availability of Support from the ISP
The best Raleigh Internet service providers are the ones that are there for you when the going gets tough. When you’re selecting an ISP, you not only need to consider the speed and capabilities of your Internet connection, but also the company’s capacity to handle your business’ Internet issues in a timely and effective manner.
Unlike large Internet service providers, celito offers streamlined and timely support solutions that are catered to your business. With multiple means of getting in touch with us — whether by phone or email, or through trouble ticket — you’ll always have access to our local Raleigh Internet support team. What’s more, we’re even available to provide IT and network consulting services if you need them. No matter your needs, the celito team is here to help you get back to business.
3. Not Considering How Future Bandwidth Needs May Grow
As a business, you’re looking ahead and planning for future growth. This future planning should also involve considering the potential for growth of your business’ bandwidth needs. Technology is evolving daily, and you want to make sure your Internet services can keep up with your users’ increasing bandwidth requirements.
That being said, it’s important to choose an ISP that offers increased bandwidth to easily handle features such as video conferencing, VoIP, wireless networks and other technologies your business uses daily. However, you should also consider how these needs may increase in the future, and how much bandwidth you need to keep up. With celito’s Raleigh gigabit Internet, featuring larger bandwidth capacity, you’ll never have to worry about the slow speeds of a bogged-down network. At celito, we’re dedicated to helping you stay productive and efficient with super-fast and reliable Internet that can grow with your business.
Make celito Your Raleigh-Area Internet Service Provider
When you choose celito as your Raleigh Internet service provider, you’ll enjoy all the capabilities of a large ISP, with the personal customer service you can only receive from a local Internet provider. Contact us today to learn more about our Internet services and how we can get to work for your business.